How To Do An Istikhara
Salat al-Istikhara is an Islamic prayer that translates to the prayer of seeking counsel. It is a prayer that is recited by Muslims who need the guidance of Allah when making a big decision in life. This prayer is said to be narrated by the well known disciple of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). It is said that messengers of Allah used to teach his companions how to do an istikhara to seek counsel from Allah.
We are now going to tell you how to do istikhara step by step. It is very necessary to follow all these steps properly otherwise all your efforts will go to waste.
- To begin performing the istikhara, you have to first cleanse yourself by performing wuzu (ablution). While performing wudu, rinse your lower forearms, face, hands, mouth and nose thrice. Then go on to wash your head and ears. Follow up with rinsing your feet three times.
- While performing ablution, make sure you don’t only cleanse your body but also your mind. Center all your thoughts to the aspect for which you are performing an istikhara.
- After the ablution, go in a quiet room. Point your index finger of the right hand and begin reciting the prayer of witness to begin the process of istikhara.
Ash-Hadu Al Laa Ilaaha Illa Llahu Wahdahuu Laa Shariikalahu,
Istikhara Signs For Marriage
Wa Ash-Hadu Anna Muhammad Ann ‘Abduhuu Waa Rasuulluh
- Before beginning the dua for istikhara, find a spot to begin your prayer. Place your prayer mat on the clean floor facing the Qibla.
- Begin reciting the Isteftah Dua. “Subhana Kal-Lah Hum-Ma Wabi Hamdika Wata-Baara Kasmuka Wata’ala Jad-Duka Walla Illaha Ghyruk”.
- Then recite the Ta’awwuz only once. “A’udhu Bil-Laahi Minash Shaytaa-Nir-Rajeemm”
- To complete the process of this istikhara, recite Tasmiah. Then go on to read any surah from the Holy Quran.
Signs Of Istikhara
The most common reason for people performing the istikhara is for marriage. Performing istikhara for love marriage helps them in making a clear decision about whom to marry. When a person performs the istikhara for marriage by name or photo, they expect to see some signs of istikhara.
Before performing the istikhara for marriage, one must first talk to an Islamic scholar. Our Maulvi Sahab is one of the most trusted scholars who has helped many people in understanding the concept of an istikhara. You can also talk to the elders of your family to get an understanding of what are the istikhara marriage signs. It is a myth that the signs of istikhara are seen only in dreams. But there are many other signs that a person gets after performing an istikhara for getting married.
Related Post: Istikhara Prayer About Marriage in Islam
Istikhara Marriage Signs
It is the truth that many people see the signs of istikhara in their dreams. They get an insight into their married life as one of the most common istikhara signs for marriage. In the case of an arranged marriage, a person can see istikhara marriage signs by seeing the face of their future spouse. When it comes to love marriage, a person who performs the istikhara can see what their married life with their lover will be.
Istikhara marriage signs are sometimes not as direct as the dreams a person sees. An inclination towards a specific decision may also be a sign from Allah himself. If you feel repelled by something that you liked before performing an istikhara, this is also a very important sign that most people do not understand.
If you have performed an istikhara and you don’t see any signs, you can talk to our Maulvi Sahab. He will tell you what exactly should be your expectation from the istikhara done by name or a photo.